Bunny Hyde x Caliwater
Last week I took part in the CALIWATER SKIN RITUAL: 7 day challenge. The challenge was started by Anne Bauso, beauty editor at Allure Magazine, after noticing that many of her favorite beauty products contain prickly pear extract. She loved the hydrating effects of it on her skin, and was curious to see if it worked as a dietary supplement as well. According to Anne, she had "dewier, calmer... healthier and more glow-y" skin in only seven days.
Skin Ritual 7-Day Challenge:
‣Drink 11-33 ounces of CALIWATER Cactus Water a day for seven days straight. (This should be in addition to the daily recommended amount of spring or filtered water for your body weight and activity level.) Continue your normal skin care routine and take notice of how staying hydrated enhances your skin's appearance.
Each Cali Water contains 100% natural ingredients: 200mg of Prickly Pear Cactus Extract + Prickly Pear Cactus Purée + Water to deliver vital nutrients with ultimate hydration in mind.
Cactus water contains antioxidents, vitamins and minerals that have powerful healing powers for the skin. The prickly pear cactus fruit is the ONLY which contains all 24 known betalains: powerful antioxidants known for their skin revitalizing and hydrating skin benefits. And for the atheletes out there, according to VOGUE, in Mexico and in South America the juice extracted from the prickly pear fruit has long been considered a medicinal elixir, said to cure everything from dehydration to muscle tissue damage.
According to CALIWATER's website:
"The deal with cactus water is that it has taurine," says L.A.-based dietitian Shira Lenchewski. "Taurine is an amino acid that is naturally made in the body. It functions as a really powerful antioxidant, so it helps to quench free radicals and [reverse] muscle tissue damage. But then on top of that, it has been shown to improve athletic performance by increasing the body's ability to transport and utilize oxygen (VO2max), and the length of time before exhaustion sets in."The prickly pear cactus fruit contains 24 of the known betalains (which is double the amount that beets contain, to put it in perspective). These betalains are responsible for beauty benefits like an added glow to the skin and reduced under-eye puffiness.
THE SKINNY: BENEFITS OF CACTUS WATER
- The prickly pear cactus fruit is the only fruit which contains all 24 known betalains: powerful antioxidants known for their skin revitalizing benefits. Hydrate and revive your skin naturally.
- Cactus Water contains 5 naturally-occurring electrolytes, vitamins, minerals and rare antioxidants.
- CALIWATER Cactus Water contains 200MG of Prickly Pear Cactus Extract which has been shown through clinical trials to relieve the symptoms of a hangover. (Tulane Health Sciences Center, Dr. Jeff Wiese, 2004)
- Drink Cactus Water when you need a cleanse & detox for your body.
- Zero Fat.
- Lower in sugar and calories than nearly all leading coconut water and aloe juice products.
- 100% Natural Ingredients. No Added Colors or Preservatives.
- Gluten Free & Vegan
- Not From Concentrate Prickly Pear Cactus Puree
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Certified OU Kosher